In today's lesson we are learning to:
- Understand and be able to explain the meaning of the term logo.
- Be able to combine text, image and shape to create an effective logo.
What is a logo?A logo is an instantly recognizable symbol or image used by companies on all their marketing materials, including t-shirts, leaflets, web pages and even in their buildings.
Tasks:1. Open Publisher and choose a suitable image from clipart.
- Add text to it.
- Save as logo1.
- Adding an autoshape
- Replace your clipart picture with a real picture from search.creativecommons.org
- Group objects to make one.
- Save as logo2.
- Does the logo clearly represent the charity PEAT? How?
- Is it memorable?
- Does it stand out?
- Will it look good both small and large scale?
- Will it look good in colour and back and white?
- Will it make a suitable logo for PEAT? Why?
- What would you improve if you had more time.
Finish writing your comments about your logos concentrating on evaluating them.